DiegoCP

ProductID and Uninstall failing

Hello,

I have two question one more simple than the other one.

First, how can i find out which product id was used in the generated exe without installing it. Is this possible?

Second, i am currently having an issue in some customers pcs where the uninstall doesn't remove the files. They haven't added anything to the install folder as i think this would be an issue.

To elaborate more on the scenario what happens is i do a normal installation of a version lets say ("1.0.6") and then i install over it the same version. Because i have the flag "Uninstall a package with the same version (if found)" this should before running the install ui, uninstall the previous version. But this fails and after install the "new" version when i go to do uninstall the files remain there. I cannot understand why this is happening. If you could help me
figure this out! Thank You for your help!

Best Regards,
Diego.
Sorin

Re: ProductID and Uninstall failing

Hello Diego,
how can i find out which product id was used in the generated exe without installing it.
In order to achieve this you could extract the embedded MSI from the EXE package using "/extract" command line(EXE setup file)

Then right click on the extracted MSI and select "Edit with Advanced Installer". The Product Code of the MSI could be found in "Product Details" and "Product IDs".
i am currently having an issue in some customers pcs where the uninstall doesn't remove the files. They haven't added anything to the install folder as i think this would be an issue
Could you please send us the .AIP (project) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
DiegoCP

Hello Sorin,

Thank you for quick reply.

Board attachment quota has been filed?

Thank You for your support!

Best Regards,
Diego.
Sorin

Hello Diego,

You are welcome!

You could attach project files with a size of up to 10 mb on forum but due to privacy concerns we recommend sending them to us via e-mail (as an attachment or download link).

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”