Collins

Post Build Event: Run PowerShell

Hello,

I need to run a powershell file as a post build event in the Solution for the project. Is there a way to do this? I need to do this without having to use hard coded paths, which the powershell handles through a global parameter file.

We build the installers locally and afterwards, the powershell script cleans a network directory and takes the installers, any ini files (up two levels from .sln & AIP) and moves them to the network directory. I don't know of any way to do this in the AIP and I don't seem to have a pre\post build events tab in Visual Studio for the AI project.
Daniel

Re: Post Build Event: Run PowerShell

Hello,

Since you are using our Visual Studio extension, what you will need to do is to open it and click on the "Edit in Advanced Installer" button available for our setup project. Once Advanced Installer opens, in the "Home" tab, go to "Options" and make sure your project is at least of Professional edition. Now go to the "Builds" page and you should see the "Build Events" pane on the right. Here you can configure your pre and post build events.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”