marceloavf

[Updater] Failed to update

My application is updating normally with Updater feature, but it always show an error to the user and when we take a look at the version at the computer it always match the latest one.

Attached screenshot and .aip file.

Thanks.
Attachments
InovaFarmaAPI.aip
(78.29 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Screenshot_9.png
Screenshot_9.png (11.4 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
marceloavf

Re: [Updater] Failed to update

Deeply checking I found that it create a registry inside:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\...
and the updater checker is looking at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\
Eusebiu

Hi,

The updater will look under the "Wow6432Node" key if the "Use 64-bit registry locations" option from the "Update Installed Detection" tab of the "Updates Configuration" project is not selected.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
marceloavf

Eusebiu wrote:Hi,

The updater will look under the "Wow6432Node" key if the "Use 64-bit registry locations" option from the "Update Installed Detection" tab of the "Updates Configuration" project is not selected.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Even if the user machine is 32 bit?
If selected it will ignore "Wow6432Node" ? How can I make the software installer don't use this folder?

Strange that when I change the manufacturer name from "Precisão Sistemas" to "Precisao Sistemas" (I removed the accent) the error stop, what could it be?

Can I disable the error screen from updater? Some of our clients use this in a server, if they don't interact with the error screen it doesn't run again.
Eusebiu

Hi,
Even if the user machine is 32 bit?
The "Wow6432Node" key does not exist on a 32-bit machine, so the Updater will always search outside that key on a 32-bit machine.
If selected it will ignore "Wow6432Node" ?
Yes, if the "Use 64-bit registry locations" option is selected, the Updater will search outside key.
How can I make the software installer don't use this folder?
If you want to make the installer not to write to that key, you can go in the "Organization" page of your project and set the "64-bit component" flag for the component that contains the registry entry searched by the Updater.
Strange that when I change the manufacturer name from "Precisão Sistemas" to "Precisao Sistemas" (I removed the accent) the error stop, what could it be?
I tested this and it worked well for me even if the accent was present in the manufacturer name. I'm not sure why it did not work for you, but I do not think that the accent should cause any problems.
Can I disable the error screen from updater? Some of our clients use this in a server, if they don't interact with the error screen it doesn't run again.
Yes, you can disable that by selecting the "Do not try to detect if the update was installed" option from the "Update Installed Detection" tab of the "Updates Configuration" project.
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”