DiegoCP

Installation Type

Hello,

I have an issue in my app related to Installation Type.

The situation is related to the msi icon in the elevated ui when installing for "All Users" (and user is not admin)

If the Installation Type is set to "Per-machine if user is administrator, per-user otherwise" the icon shown is the appIcon
if i use the option "Per-machine only (fails if user is not administrator)" (which is the option we use now and will have to keep) the icon shown is the default windows icon.

Why is does this behaviour happen?

Thank You.

Best Regards,
Diego.
Eusebiu

Re: Installation Type

Hi Diego,

I'm afraid that I do not fully understand your scenario. Can you please give me more details (maybe some descriptive screenshots)? Please also send me the steps that can followed in order to reproduce the issue.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
DiegoCP

Hello Eusebiu,

The steps are simple the part i need to show you is the elevated admin ui which i cannot print screen.

So in the same aip you set all the icons product icon and exe icon.

you start with the Installation Type "Per-machine if user is administrator, per-user otherwise" , install for AllUsers (make sure your not admin so elevated ui shows) you will notice that the icon in the elevated ui is the same as exe icon.

you change the Installation Type to "Per-machine only (fails if user is not administrator)", install for AllUser (make sure your not admin so evelated ui shows) you will notice the same icon in the previous elevated ui is now the windows default.

I hope this helps in your tests.

Best Regards,
Diego.
Eusebiu

Hi Diego,

I tested the scenario, but I couldn't reproduce the problem. Can you please send me some sample packages that implement and reproduce the scenarios you mentioned to support at advancedinstaller dot com, so I can test and investigate them?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
DiegoCP

Hello Eusebiu,

I will send attach my aip just build one exe with Install Type "Per-machine if user is administrator, per-user otherwise" and another with "Per-machine only (fails if user is not administrator)".

When installing for all users check the elevated ui for the differences.

Thank You.

Best Regards,
Diego.
Attachments
priceTag2.0 - Surface.aip.7z
(122 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
Eusebiu

Hi Diego,

In order to investigate the problem I need two sample packages that implement the scenarios you mentioned. I couldn't reproduce this with the projects I built on my machine.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Common Problems”