Codename K

Setting trial version in installer?

Hello,

In the installer is there a way to set trial version without adding the trial code to the main program? Or is it possible to add the code to a VBScript or VB6 other than .NET?

Also I tired using a VB.NET program to set the trial method. It worked. But how to generate the license keys? I know to how to generate the license keys "Generate License Keys". It saves the keys to a text file. But when these are used in the registration, it is not working.

:?:
K
Daniel

Re: Setting trial version in installer?

Hello,
In the installer is there a way to set trial version without adding the trial code to the main program?
No, this is not possible. It is mandatory that your application explicitly call our trial.dll functions.
Or is it possible to add the code to a VBScript or VB6 other than .NET?
I'm not sure. This is possible only if you can call a native DLL function from VBScript or VB6. I don't have too much experience with VBScript or VB6 so I do not know. Maybe you could perform a small research in this regard.
Also I tired using a VB.NET program to set the trial method. It worked. But how to generate the license keys? I know to how to generate the license keys "Generate License Keys". It saves the keys to a text file. But when these are used in the registration, it is not working.
This is strange. Just make sure you didn't change the "Trial ID" nor the "Library key" into your application project after you released and installed your setup package. If this is not the case, then please send us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com the AIP (project file) and a test case you follow to replicate the issue.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Codename K

Re: Setting trial version in installer?

If this is not the case, then please send us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com the AIP (project file) and a test case you follow to replicate the issue.
OK. I sent an email.
K

Return to “Common Problems”