codesynergy

Re: Prevent IIS Features Being Installed

Any comment on this issue? Is it something that will be fixed in a future release?

Thanks.
Catalin

Hello,

First of all, please accept my apologies for such a delayed reply.

In what regards your issue, I have tested this just now using both Advanced Installer 16.7 and 16.8 and everything worked as expected on my end - only the selected features were enabled in the "Windows Features" ("Turn Windows features on or off") pane.

In order for me to further investigate this issue, could you please forward me a copy of your .AIP file, by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com? You can strip the project down of any resource, if it does not affect this behavior.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
codesynergy

I have tested this just now using both Advanced Installer 16.7 and 16.8 and everything worked as expected on my end - only the selected features were enabled in the "Windows Features" ("Turn Windows features on or off") pane.
Hmm... it also seems to work correctly for me if I create a brand new project in AI 16.7. Perhaps there is some metadata (related to IIS) in the project file that wasn't corrected during our upgrade to AI 16.7? Is there anything specific I can look for in the *.aip file? Stripping the project down to minimal resources (in order to email it to you guys) would actually take quite a lot of time due to the size of our project. From what I can tell, the "caphyon.advinst.msicomp.WebApplicationsComponent" section looks correct (well, it seems to match what I selected:

Code: Select all

<ROW Name="Server2019_64" FeatureList="WCF-HTTP-Activation45,IIS-RequestFiltering,IIS-DefaultDocument,IIS-ASPNET45,IIS-ISAPIExtensions,IIS-ISAPIFilter,NetFx4,IIS-NetFxExtensibility45,NetFx4Extended-ASPNET45,WAS-ConfigurationAPI,WAS-ProcessModel,IIS-CGI,IIS-StaticContent,IIS-BasicAuthentication,IIS-WindowsAuthentication" OSTargets="1024" Condition="" Flags="2"/>
Catalin

Hello,
Hmm... it also seems to work correctly for me if I create a brand new project in AI 16.7.
I am glad to hear this is wroking from a new project.
Perhaps there is some metadata (related to IIS) in the project file that wasn't corrected during our upgrade to AI 16.7?
Well, I can not say for sure this is the case, as this would be really strange.
Is there anything specific I can look for in the *.aip file?
Other than the row you have mentioned, I believe there isn't anything else.

Do you recall if, by any chance, before updating to Advanced Installer 16.7, you had all those options enabled in the "Prerequisites" page?

To be more precise, could you please maybe forward me a test-case which I can follow in order to reproduce such issue (as it is not really clear to me at this moment).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”