NiclasE

Projects with Nuget Package doesn't work correclty after installation

I have installed Advanced Installer v14.9 Visual Studio Extension for Visual Studio 2017 and I can’t seem to be able to add the Nuget Packing for the installation project correctly. I’m trying to create an installation file for a plug in for Outlook that have a drag and drop functionality dependent on the EasyHook Nuget package. That the plugin has a taskPane with a webbrowser there the user can drop Outlook e-mail messages as .msg files.

It works to install the plug in with Advanced Installer but the drag and drop functionality that is dependent on the NuGet package doesn’t work. That I can drop the message but the webpage doesn’t recognize the drop mails as .msg files or even as uploadable files.

That the Easyhook file Easyhook.dll is added automatically and I also manually added the EasyHook32.dll file. Also, then it didn’t work I tried to add more file manually like for example the app.config files, EasyLoad.dll and other files just so I tried everything and it still didn’t work.
Daniel

Re: Projects with Nuget Package doesn't work correclty after installation

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Unfortunately we cannot say why the installed plug in does not work properly when using the drag and drop method. The only way for you to investigate this will be to try troubleshooting/debugging your plugin application code.

Also, please try to search and see how you should install the Easyhook.dll and what are his dependencies or requirements. You could check this with the vendor releasing this DLL.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”