kamiliraq

store and retrieve the database and dont remove database when uninstalling

I have two questions: first, how do I store and retrieve the database?
The second question when uninstalling is I do not want to delete the database with the rest of the files
plz hlp Meee.. :shock: :shock:
Catalin

Re: store and retrieve the database and dont remove database when uninstalling

Hello and welcome to our forums,
first, how do I store and retrieve the database?
I am afraid I do not understand what you want to achieve here, can you please give me some more details ?
The second question when uninstalling is I do not want to delete the database with the rest of the files
If your SQL Database is added as a regular file, you can go in "Files and Folders" page, click on your SQL Database --> click on the "Properties" button from the toolbar --> under "Operations" tab, select the "Do not overwrite existing file" with the condition being:

Code: Select all

REMOVE = "ALL"
Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
kamiliraq

Thank you for your reply I have a desktop application I want every day after I finish working Save a backup of my program in a special file for fear of damaging the database so I can restore it
Catalin

Hello,

In order to achieve this, you can create your own script which will create a backup for your files and after adding it to your project (.aip file) in the "Files and Folders" page, you can add it as a "Scheduled Task" by using the "Scheduled Tasks page".

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”