Codename K

Change the location of the installer?

Hello,

When the installer is opened, it is always at the center of the screen. Is it possible to change the location?

:?:
K
Catalin

Re: Change the location of the installer?

Hello,

Yes, that is possible.

You can do this by going to "Dialogs" page and, upon clicking on any dialog, a "Properties" pane will appear on the right side. Under "Layout", you can change the following:

-Horizontal Centering
-Vertical Centering
-Width
-Height

For example, if you change the "Horizontal Centering" value from "50" to "100", the dialog will appear more right centered.

Let me know if that helps!

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Codename K

Hello,
For example, if you change the "Horizontal Centering" value from "50" to "100", the dialog will appear more right centered.
I am afraid that It does not seems to work.
K
Catalin

Hello,

For which dialog have you tried to change the "Horizontal Centering"?

For example, in the "Dialogs" page, under the "First Time Install", you have the following dialogs: "PrepareDlg", "WelcomeDlg", etc. If you, for example, change the "Horizontal Centering" for the "WelcomeDlg", which is the second in the sequence, then the dialogs will still appear in the middle of the screen, because the first dialog in the sequence ("PrepareDlg") still has its "Horizontal Centering" set as "50" instead of "100".

So, in order for this to work, you have to change the "Layout" properties value for the first dialog in the sequence. Even if the rest of the dialogs will not have, let's say, the "Horizontal Centering" value changed in the "Dialogs" page, they will inherit the value from the first dialog.

Let me know if that helps!

Kind regards,
Catalin
Codename K

Hello,
For example, in the "Dialogs" page, under the "First Time Install", you have the following dialogs: "PrepareDlg", "WelcomeDlg", etc. If you, for example, change the "Horizontal Centering" for the "WelcomeDlg", which is the second in the sequence, then the dialogs will still appear in the middle of the screen, because the first dialog in the sequence ("PrepareDlg") still has its "Horizontal Centering" set as "50" instead of "100".
Worked perfectly. Thanks for the support.

:)
K
Catalin

You're always welcome!

I am glad you got this working!

Regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”