kasi

Unable to start the software

Hi,

1. I installed the software a couple of weeks ago. Everything worked like expected.

2. I tried to start the software yesterday, by double-clicking on the desktop icon. Nothing happend.

3. I tried to start the software directly by double-clicking on "C:\Program Files (x86)\...\xyz.exe". Nothing happened.

4. after doing a repair of the software, it worked like expected.

Just before I installed the software on my Computer. I tried to start it today, it also doesn't start.

Please help me.
Last edited by kasi on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel

Re: Unable to start the software

Hello Kasi and welcome to our forums,

From what you related, most likely there is a missing dependency for your application. Since the application work as expected just after installation the culprit seems to be an external factor occurring after the installation. I would suggest you to try investigating this scenario on several test machines and if you manage to isolate the issue as being influenced by the installation package itself, then please get back to us with more details and we will gladly try to assist you.

Also, I am not sure if this is the case on your scenario too, but please make sure that when upgrading your application package all of your application files have a higher file version then their previous releases. Have a look on our "DLL file disappears during an upgrade" thread for more details.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
kasi

Hi Dan,

thanks for the replay,

when viewing the list services from the windows administrative tool, the service has a "stopped" service status and tried to start the service manually by click on start the service link then getting below error.

"Windows Could not start xyz sevice on local computer"
"Error: 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly".

-Kasi
Daniel

Hello Kasi,

I am afraid that the only way for you to further investigate what causes this service app error will be to try to debug your service application code. So please try to debug your service application code and see if you manage to isolate the root cause of this error.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”