oussou75

Configure an active Setup

Hello everyone,

I would like to add an active setup to my project (mst file). I have set a .reg file that I want to import:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\[ProductCode]]
"StubPath"="msiexec.exe /fomus [ProductCode] /qb".

But when I import, this is what I've got on AI:

msiexec.exe /fomus [\[]ProductCode[\]] /qb.

Of course it doesn't work when I test it.

Is there a way to solve this? I would like to have an active setup reg file that I can import in any packages without doing modification.

Thanks for your help.
Catalin

Re: Configure an active Setup

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Unfortunately this is our default behavior when importing registry values. We escape using formatted escape characters sequence ([\]) all formatted special chars (e.g. [, {, etc) so that at install time they will be written in the registry exactly as they are.

Unfortunately if you want the [ProductCode] property reference be used as a formatted reference you will have to manually un-escape it by removing the [\] chars sequence.

Also, if the reason you are trying to create that registry key is because you are interested in installing some product's files for all the existing users on a machine, you can have a look on the "Deliver a file to all users profile programmatically" article which my colleague Dan just wrote.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”