don_ucw

Scheduled Task with multiple triggers

I need to define a scheduled task with multiple triggers (Once, startup and every 3 mins). We are running a Kiosk shell and "Once" executes very early on system restart.

Anyway to setup a scheduled task from AI that has multiple triggers?
Catalin

Re: Scheduled Task with multiple triggers

Hello Don,

I am afraid I am not aware of any predefined support which lets you have multiple triggers for a single Scheduled Task.

I am not sure you can set multiple triggers for a scheduled task in Task Scheduler itself (see attached print screen). As you can see in the attached print screen, the control used that lets you choose a trigger method is a Radio Button. A radio button or option button is a graphical control element that allows the user to choose only one of a predefined set of mutually exclusive options.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (16.46 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
However, this may be achievable through a custom action (e.g. a PowerShell script). Unfortunately, due to the big flow of tickets and e-mails, I did not have much time to have a deeper look into this. I will try to have a deeper look into this next week and see if I can find a way to help you achieve that.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
don_ucw

No problem - we already have the script in powershell - we have been using it for a year or so. I just wanted to convert it to AI if possible.
Catalin

Hello Don,

If you already have the script, then you can try to integrate it in Advanced Installer as a custom action ("Run PowerShell inline script", "Run PowerShell script file", "Launch File", etc.). This custom action could be scheduled to run as "when the system is being modified (deferred)".

Please let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”