AshAtSAP

Installing .msi on a specific system results in error.

Hi ,

One user confirms there is an error on a specific system while installing .msi .
The error goes like this "The path ****\****.msi" cannot be found.Verify that you have access to this location and try again, or try to find the installation package "***" in a folder from which you can install the product *** Add-In for Microsoft outlook.
PFA the images of the error.

Could you please suggest a solution or a workaround for this issue?

Thanks & regards,
Ashwini
Attachments
installing_issue2.png
installing_issue2.png (113.6 KiB) Viewed 3170 times
installing_issue.png
installing_issue.png (140.89 KiB) Viewed 3170 times
Catalin

Re: Installing .msi on a specific system results in error.

Hello Ashwini and welcome to our forums,

I am not sure why this happens. In order for me to further investigate this, could you please send me a copy of your project (.aip file) and also a verbose log (where this issue occurs) by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Also, does this occur on a first time install or does it occur during Maintenance mode (e.g. the user tries to perform a Repair on the MSI package)?

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
korr

I've ran into similar issues when the global environment variable %TEMP% is specified to a folder (ie: c:\env\temp) and the user has the generic userdata location (as you see in the pictures).

The MSI will extract the files to the global temp (C:\env\temp\***.msi) but check the user temp (c:\users\me\temp\***.msi) for its location.
Catalin

Hello Korr,

I see. This is, indeed, a strange behavior. However, I was not able to reproduce this on our end. Can you please forward me a step-by-step which I can follow to reproduce this issue so I can further investigate this it?

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”