sonda

Validate edit box

I have two installers, when validating edit box for integer in one installer i have something like tool tip and look nice, in another i receive pop up. How this tool tip validation is enabled
Attachments
img.jpg
img.jpg (29.33 KiB) Viewed 2421 times
Catalin

Re: Validate edit box

Hello Sonda,

That is probably happening because in one project, you have the "Enhanced User Interface" option enabled, while in the other you do not.

With that being said, in the project where you get the popup, could you please go to "Themes" page --> "Settings" tab --> and set the "Enhanced user interface" to either "Only on install" or "Always (install, uninstall and maintenance)".

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
sonda

thanks for answer the problem is that both are the same:
tts.png
tts.png (13.29 KiB) Viewed 2406 times
but the behaviour is different, only difference is one is build with older version of installer(15.3) the other is with 15.6
Catalin

Hello Sonda,

I have tested this but I was not able to reproduce the behavior. In order for me to further investigate this, could you please forward me the following:

- a copy of the .AIP file

- a download link for the setup that reproduces this behavior

by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Also, just to make sure that I understand your scenario here, in your first post, in the attached screenshot, you do not want to have the "Installer Information" pop-up, but you want the "Unacceptable Character" tooltip instead?

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”