flycast

Downloaded size does not match

Using the updater. I am using the automatic update text file builder to build the text file that points to the latest update. When I run updater.exe the updater does find the latest version and tried to update. I almost immediately get the error message:
Error: The downloaded update size does not match the size specified in updates configuration file.
The size that is inserted by the updater project is:
Size = 788480
The size of the installer in the folder is actually 176,995 Kb. The mismatch bothers me.

The strange thing is that I get the error immediately when I click "Next" in the installer. It's like it cannot grab the file. How to troubleshoot?

I have looked over both the installer builder project and the updater file configuration file project and I cannot see where there is a setting to force this to be checked.
Catalin

Re: Downloaded size does not match

Hello Eric,

I am not sure why this happens.

In order for me to further investigate this issue, could you please forward me the following:

- the .AIP file for the older version of your setup

- the .AIP file for the newer version of your setup

- the Updates Configuration Project

- the updates.txt file (the one resulted after building the Updates Configuration Project)

- a download link for the older version of your setup

by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
flycast

It's a local setup. I will not be able to give you the download link. It was reproducing Friday but I have been working the issue since. I am now getting a different issue. Please allow me some time to try to reproduce the issue. If I can reproduce it I will reach back out.
flycast

Found my issue. I had the wrong file path in the update installer file path spec. This needs to point to the app's installer.
Catalin

Hello Eric,

Thank your followup on this.

I am glad you got this working.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”