belsonmarble

Server License

Have you updated the code on your site since August so we can download the code to setup licensing?

Having to do it manually sucks big time, so if you can provide a step by step on setting this up that would be really helpful.

Thank you
Catalin

Re: Server License

Hello,

Are you referring to our "How do I configure server-side serial number validation?" article? If so, could you please give me some more details about what you mean by this:
Have you updated the code on your site since August so we can download the code to setup licensing?
If you are referring to a download link for a sample, then yes, this is present on the article I've linked above. Here is the download link for the sample:

https://www.advancedinstaller.com/examp ... dation.zip

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
belsonmarble

Was referring to the license being created after the serial number was given to the customer, so I dont have to manually open the application and generate a license I wanted to do it through the website instead.
belsonmarble

Do you actually provide the code to assist in the licensing or is your code just dummy code and we've to work it out for ourselves on how to do it?
Catalin

Hello,

If you want to automatically handle the license creation, you can create a web licensing server.

More information can be found on our "How to configure a PHP or ASP.NET license server for my application?".

In the above mentioned article, you can find more details about how this can be achieved. However, no, we do not create it for you. It has to be implemented by each user.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
belsonmarble

That doesnt help, there is no code there.
Catalin

Hello,

As I have mentioned:
In the above mentioned article, you can find more details about how this can be achieved. However, no, we do not create it for you. It has to be implemented by each user.
For a sample code, I am afraid we only provide sample codes in PHP and respectively ASP.NET that responds to a license request. More information about this can be found in the following articles:

Sample PHP code that responds to a license request

Sample ASP.NET code written in C# that responds to a license request

Kind regards,
Catalin
belsonmarble

I guess I will have to take my business elsewhere since you can provide better support on the server licensing side.
Daniel

Hi,

Could you try to expose for us with more details the current issues do you face when using our trial and licensing feature?

I am very sorry for this but we do not understand what you are looking for.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
belsonmarble

I am trying to setup a license server and require the code to do so, the sample code you provide isn't enough.

I want the customer to be able to visit a site, have a serial number generated, then be able to obtain a license against that serial when the trial is up, at the moment I am doing everything manually.
Daniel

Hi,

I am afraid we do not offer support to create/host a web site where your customers could have a serial number generated for your application licenses. This process should be solely developed and maintained by you.

If there is anything else we can help you with just let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”