prerak6962

Secure Property in maintenance mode

In my project I have a "Secure Property" which is set by the user in one of the dialogs and written in registry. During first install, the property is encrypted successfully and I can see the encrypted value in the registry.

In maintenance mode, "Modify" to be precise, I show the same dialog to the user allowing him to modify the value if needed. In the "Init Events" of this dialog, I decrypt the value and display in the edit box. The value is decrypted successfully and original value is shown in the edit box.
However, on termination of the "Maintenance", the new value that is provided by the user is not encrypted and original value is written in the registry.

So, is there a reason, why the property is not enctypted (secured) in this mode?

Notes:
1. I have added "Reinstall one or more features" custom action in order to install the feature again even if there is no change in the "CustomizeDlg" during maintenance mode.
2. In the InstallExecuteSequence table "AI_SecureProperty" action is set to be executed before "WriteRegistryValues" action and there is no condition set for both of them.
Daniel

Re: Secure Property in maintenance mode

Hi,

I am not sure why this happens. I have just tested the scenario and I can confirm you that the secure property values are encrypted on the maintenance mode too. Our secure property mechanism is triggered on maintenance mode too.

Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the maintenance installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

If you cannot share with us your project file, then you can try to isolate the behavior in a buildable sample (.aip + its referenced files) which we can build and test on our side.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”