Sahadev007

Setup has ended prematurely

Hello,

On one of my machines, the installer directly goes to the Exit Dialog after doing some actions in Progress Dialog. In the ProgressDlg I can see "Rolling back installation" before it goes to the Exit Dialog. In exit dialog I see the message [ProductName] setup has ended prematurely.

There is no error prompt telling what went wrong. On one of the other machines, the same installer works completely fine.

I tried to see the log but was unable to find out what was happening wrong in it. I have added the log file in the attached ZIP file. (In said file is too large when I directly added the log files as an attachment!)

Can you please have a look at it and let me know what exactly is the issue that is happening and what can be done to resolve it?

Thank you.
Attachments
log.txt
Verbose log file
(404.78 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
version 2.1.aip
AIP File
(42.81 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Eusebiu

Re: Setup has ended prematurely

Hello and welcome to our forums.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The log file that you uploaded shows that the "PowerShellScriptInline" custom action from your package fails during the installation. It seems that a path searched for that custom action could not be found. You can see more details about the problem between the 1147-1185 lines from the log file.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Sahadev007

Thanks for the Reply :)
If i want to install app using MSI so how can i do it without using powershell inline script?
Eusebiu

Hi,

I'm afraid that I do not fully understand your scenario. Can you please give me more details (maybe exemplify)?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Sahadev007

I have an appx package. I want to create an MSI package so that i can install the app through MSI.
Eusebiu

Hi,

I'm afraid that we do not have support for converting an APPX package from an MSI. We have this on our TODO list and we will update this thread when the support will be available.

By the way, looking over your project I see that it contains an APPX build and also an MSI build, so you can use either of them to install your application. Do you have another APPX package that you want to convert to MSI? Can you please tell me why do you need this?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Sahadev007

Thanks for the reply.. :)

I have solved the issue by commenting the script lines from powershell inline script.
Eusebiu

You're welcome. I'm glad you solved the problem.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Common Problems”