DuduGabay

Error publishing appx to Microsoft Store - Package acceptance validation error

Hello,

I am trying to build an APPX package and upload it to the Microsoft store.
Since I dont need any capability I have checked off the 'Full Trust' option from the Capabilitties page.
I have uploaded the APPX package to the Microsoft store and got the following error message:
Package acceptance validation error: APPX_E_INVALID_MANIFEST - The manifest is invalid: Unspecified error 'APP_NAME' violates pattern constraint of '\bms-resource:.{1,256}'.
When I checked the 'Full Trust' option - the package is uploaded successfully to the Microsoft store, but this is no what I need since Microsoft show this warning message:
The following restricted capabilities require approval before you can use them in your app: runFullTrust

and there is no real reason for my application to ask for capabilitties which are not required.

I am using Advanced Installer version 15.4.1.

Please Advise,

David Gabay
Dan

Re: Error publishing appx to Microsoft Store - Package acceptance validation error

Hi David,
Since I dont need any capability I have checked off the 'Full Trust' option from the Capabilitties page.
Please note that the related option is mandatory for all Win32 apps converted to MSIX.

All the apps that are not native UWP and use Win32 API needs to have the realted option enabled. During the Store upload you need to let them know that your app is not UPW native and it is a Win32 app.
It's a converted Win32 app. Wanted to try the new packaging format MSIX and take advantage of the Store distribution.
something like that will be just fine.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”