smrutiRanjan

Advanced installer 15.0.1 Folder synchronization with Feature mapping issue

Hi,

Facing one issue in folder Synchronization with feature mapping. Added few sub features and folders are sync to those feature correctly. API file builds with correct feature initially and the aip file got automated as well. Again added few files to the existing folder which is already synced with the existing feature mapping. found the new files are mapped to main feature rather than adding to the existing feature. as its synced was expected that advanced installer should automatically add the file to respective feature. is there any way to avoid such situation in future or every time i check in a new file i need to re check in the aip file as well ?
Thanks,
Smruti
Catalin

Re: Advanced installer 15.0.1 Folder synchronization with Feature mapping issue

Hello Smruti,

Unfortunately, I can not say for sure why this happens.

I have tested this, however, using the latest version of Advanced Installer and everything seemed to be working as expected. The file is added under an existing component from the test feature (under "Component Options", I have selected the "Select best suited component" option).

Could you please try to test this using the latest version and let me know if everything works as expected?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
smrutiRanjan

Hello Catalin,

unfortunately 15.0.1 is a professional edition and not going to have more the latest license as we got it recently. i am very much surprise to see this behavior as it came from the automated build. all the licensing module failed in one go.
Thanks,
Smruti
Catalin

Hello Smruti,

I have now downloaded the 15.0.1 version of Advanced Installer and re-tested this scenario.

I was still not able to reproduce this scenario, everything seemed to be working just fine. Here is how I have tested this:

- create new folder on Desktop ("test") which contains two .txt files ("aa.txt" and bb.txt)

- created a new Advanced Installer project

- in "Files and Folders" page, under "Application Folder", I have created a new regular folder ("test")

- in "Organization" page, I have created a new feature named "test"

- went back to "Files and Folders" page and I have synchronized the folder from the project with the one from the Desktop

sync.png
sync.png (89.23 KiB) Viewed 1831 times

The folder was synchronized as expected.

- I have no saved the project

- added one more file to my folder from Desktop ("cc.txt")

- opened Advanced Installer --> "Organization" page:

feature.png
feature.png (19.57 KiB) Viewed 1831 times

As you can see, the file was added under a component that is located under the "test" feature.

Could you please let me know if I missed something during my tests? Is your scenario any different from what I have done?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”