akshay karambale

Pre-requisite installation on Windows 7

Hello,
We are created one Bootstrapper package and added pre-requisites because to install it need some pre-requisites for Windows 7 and Windows 8 machine. Our requirement is , If pre-requisite is not installed on machine having win7 it should first install pre-requistes and then installs bootstrapper.
But in our case it installs bootstrapper but not pre-requistes, But for win 8 it works fine.
For Win7 i have tried standalone installation of pre-requisite it installs successfully, but using Bootstrapper it is not installs that pre-requisite.
Pre-requisite for Win 7 - Windows6.1-KB3118401-x64.msu
Pre-requisite for Win 8 - Windows8.1-KB3118401-x64.msu
So please help us to installs that pre-requiste on Win7 using bootstraper package.

Thanks
Akshay
Catalin

Re: Pre-requisite installation on Windows 7

Hello Akshay,

Unfortunately, I can not say for sure why this happens.

In order for me to further investigate this, could you please forward me a copy of your .AIP file by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
akshay karambale

7-Zip warning :"There are some data after the end of the payload data""

Hi,
I hope you are doing well.
We have created one bootstrapper(MyApplication.exe), by using this bootstrapper we are installing the msi package (MyMSI.msi), but while using test archive option of 7 zip on this bootstrapper we are getting warning that "There are some data after the end of the payload data".

Will you help us to resolve this warning ?

Version of 7-Zip file archiver that we are using : 21.07(x64)

Also we have attached the ScreenShot of error and sample project along with this ticket.
Steps that we are using,
1. Right Click on MyApplication.exe.
2. Select 7-Zip.
3. Test archive.

Thanks,
Akshay
Attachments
MyMSI.zip
Msi project which is used to generate msi file
(2.81 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
Your Application.zip
bootstrapper project which is used to generate bootstrapper(exe)
(4.41 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Error screenshot
Error screenshot
Capture.JPG (37.45 KiB) Viewed 37772 times
akshay karambale

7-Zip warning :"There are some data after the end of the payload data"

Hi Danut,

We have one aip project(for eg. MayApplication.aip), In that we have added one prerequizite package(MyMSI.msi) in Feature-based-prerequizite. Purpose of this is whenever MyApplication.exe executttes it will install that prerequisite packge(i.e. MyMSI.msi). But after verifying the exe package using 7-zip it gives warning "There are some data after the end of the payload data".
Our client verifies the package (MyApplication.exe) using 7-zip to check whether it has any corrupted archive files or not.

To verify this Package he is using the below steps,

prequisite;
Need to instll 7-zip archiver of latest version.

1. Right click on MyApplication.exe
2. Select 7-Zip
3. Test archive

To test this warning at your end we have attached screenshot of error and sample project with my previous ticket.

Thanks,
Akshay
Dan

Re: Pre-requisite installation on Windows 7

Hi,

If the client is using 7-zip to verify the package, it means that they are checking the integrity of the archive files in the package. This is a good practice to ensure that the files have not been corrupted during the transfer or storage process.

However, it's important to note that verifying the integrity of the archive files does not guarantee the integrity of the entire package or application. There could still be other issues or errors that may affect the performance or functionality of the application.

In addition, using 7-zip to verify the package may not be the most efficient or reliable method. There are other tools and techniques that can be used for verifying the integrity of packages and applications, depending on the specific requirements and circumstances.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”