nchounlapane

Registry does not set from conditional component

I have a registry that needs to be set based on a checkbox property within the install dialog. The component of the registry (within organization tab) is conditioned to the checkbox property. It is expected that if the checkbox is checked, the registry should be set. After the installation is complete, the registry does not get set.

I've tried the install without a component condition and it works. It seems that I'm missing a step? Included is a test project of the above scenario.

Reference used:
https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... ition.html

-Nick
Attachments
checkboxtest.aip
(24.74 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Liviu

Re: Registry does not set from conditional component

Hello Nick,

This is most likely because you are using a private property.

Can you please change the property name for your Checkbox control from "CheckBoxValue" to "CHECKBOXVALUE"?

Only a Public Property is passed on from the Wizard Dialogs Stage (in which the dialogs are showed) to the Install Execution Stage (in which the system is modified).

Public properties contain only upper-case letters in their name. The difference between Private and Public Properties consists in the way their values are being passed on.

Please have a look on the Windows Installer Properties article which may be useful to you.

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Liviu

Liviu,

Yes this works. Thank you!

Nick
Liviu

You're always welcome, Nick!

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”