elver

checkbox clearing using an event or a control condition

Hi,

I have a dialog with a checkbox that may be enabled or disabled according to certain conditions. When the user ticks this checkbox and then modify other options, I want to clear the checkbox and disable it. I can disable it using a control condition, but I can't figure out how to uncheck it. I tried a control condition with "Default" as action. I also tried a published event with setProperty to set a "null" value to the property attached to the checkbox, but these solutions don't work.

regards
laurent
Cosmin

Hi,
When the user ticks this checkbox and then modify other options, I want to clear the checkbox and disable it. I can disable it using a control condition, but I can't figure out how to uncheck it.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you want to uncheck a checkbox after it has been disabled? Note that this cannot be done.

The only way to re-enable the checkbox is to use a Control Condtion for enabling it. This control condition will use a public property set by another control or by a custom action.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
elver

Hi,

Actually, I need to "programmaticaly" uncheck the checkbox in order it does no longer appear as checked (It's not a problem to do it before disabling the checkbox). My problem is that I don't know what's the right way to do that. As I wrote, I tried to reset the value of the associated property, but as long as the property has a value (even null, "" or blank), the checkbox remains checked.
Looking at the installer logs, I found that when a checkbox is unchecked using the mouse, the installer deletes the associated property. How can I reproduce this behaviour with an event?

regards
laurent
Cosmin

Hi,

This can be done by setting the property of the checkbox. In order to check it you set the property to a value (it doesn't matter what) and to uncheck it you set the property to an empty value (for example to the value of a new property which is empty by default).

If encounter problem contact me at support at advancedinstaller dot com and I shall send you a sample project.

Regards,
Cosmin
elver

Hi,

I finally suceeded to uncheck my checkbox using another empty property as you suggested! However, it's not very convenient and maybe you could improve this point (for ex make available a special argument "null" in setProperty events) in a future release...

Anyway, thank you very much for your efficient help.

regards
laurent
Cosmin

Hi,

We will consider improving the available options for the properties of dialog controls in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards,
Cosmin

Return to “Common Problems”