asif0012

Prerequisites doesn't get installed after upgrading from AI version 20.8 to 20.9

Hello,
Previously, I had the Advanced Installer 20.8, Enterprise Edition installed. Using that version, the installer was working without any issues. But after upgrading to the Advanced Installer 20.9 version, any "Pre-Install" prerequisites are not getting installed.

I have seen there are significant changes in the prerequisites section in the 20.9 version. All the "Pre-Install" prerequisites are changed to the "Before Main Package" prerequisites.

Do I need to make additional changes after upgrading to 20.9 to run the "Prerequisites"? I haven't found any relevant documentation for these changes.

Best Regards,
Asif
Catalin

Re: Prerequisites doesn't get installed after upgrading from AI version 20.8 to 20.9

Hello Asif,

If possible, please send me the following resources:

- a copy of the AIP file (20.8)

- a copy of the AIP file (20.9)

- the installation log file for the setup built with version 20.9

by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further investigate them.

Additionally, please make sure the prerequisites are not already installed on the machine where you try to install the newly built version.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
asif0012

Re: Prerequisites doesn't get installed after upgrading from AI version 20.8 to 20.9

Hello Catalin,
I have created a test installer to reproduce the scenario. After upgrading from version 20.8 to 20.9, the installer skips the installation of prerequisites. Also, I am testing the installation in a clean virtual machine where the prerequisites are not previously installed.

I have installed both AI versions side by side.

Here, I have attached the requested files.

Version 20.8 .aip file:
AI Version Test.aip
(24.59 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Version 20.9 .aip file:
AI Version Test.aip
(24.43 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Version 20.9 installation log:
ai-version-test.log
(293.6 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Best Regards,
Asif
Catalin

Hello Asif,

Thank you very much for the provided resources!

We have tested this and were indeed able to reproduce the issue.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a conversion issue.

In the meantime, a possible workaround would be checking the "Allow Uninstall" option from the "Installation" tab of the prerequisite.
Screenshot_36.png
Screenshot_36.png (1.02 KiB) Viewed 30414 times

We have also created a ticket in our bug tracking tool with the maximum priority so it can be fixed as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin

A quick note about the previously discussed issue - the workaround is only needed for pre-install prerequisites (select your prerequisite --> "Installation" tab --> "Scheduled" set to "Before Main Package")

Best regards,
Catalin
Eusebiu

Hi Asif,

This issue was fixed in Advanced Installer 20.9.1 that was released on August 8, 2023.

If you still have issues, just let us know.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”