mpande

Updater: 0x0 The operation completed successfully - but no download

Hi! We did a deployment of an upgrade to 294 sites. Each of our sites has as scheduled task set up on the Updater page of advanced installer to be run as NT AUTHORITY. The scheduled task calls the updater program with the extension of "/silentall -nofreqcheck -nogui" Of those sites 152 did not upgrade this morning.

We do not have remote access to all the sites in question, but the ones we could inspect all showed the same set of symptoms, the updater scheduled task showed "0x0 The operation completed successfully in task scheduler", but the installer was never downloaded to the downloads directory. From previous experience we've found either manually running the scheduled task or waiting for another run or two of the scheduled task will usually work.

What can we do to make sure all our sites upgrade simultaneously?
Catalin

Re: Updater: 0x0 The operation completed successfully - but no download

Hello Max,

This doesn't look to be an issue related to Advanced Installer or the Updater itself, but rather an issue with the machines where the update should have happened.

We can see this especailly in the following line:
From previous experience we've found either manually running the scheduled task or waiting for another run or two of the scheduled task will usually work.
As long as the Scheduled Task is created correctly, I'm afraid everything else is outside of our support's team scope, as much as I would have loved to be able to assist you guys here, I'm afraid I might lack the knowledge.

This is a really strange issue, too, considering you mentioned that waiting for another automatic execution of the scheduled task results in it working. This makes me think that there's something on that machine that prevents it from running in the first place when it tries to do so.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”