igi

No logfile created for chained MSI

Hello,

I have a Main EXE package with 3 chained MSI packages. The last MSI in the chain should execute some custom actions of type "Launch file".
The Main EXE is deployed with parameters "/exenoui /qn" via SCCM.

Unfortunately the actions are often not executed. But not always. Sometimes it works.
If the EXE is installed directly from CMD, the actions are always executed. If the EXE is deployed via SCCM, the actions are sometimes not executed, but sometimes yes.

Therefore I want to create a debug log to see where is the problem.
I have enabled the option "Enable verbose logging" in the MSI package from the chain. And in the main package I enabled the option "Enable logging" for the MSI and defined the path of the log file with "c:\windows\temp\applogfile_1.2.3.log".

The MSI package is installed successfully but unfortunately no logfile is created? Have I made a mistake?

Best regards,
Igor
Catalin

Re: No logfile created for chained MSI

Hello Igor,

Please note that no, you did not do anything wrong.

I have just run some tests just now and I was able to reproduce the same behavior as you. It looks like this is an issue on our side for which I already create a ticket with the maximum priority so it can be addressed as soon as possible.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
igi

Catalin wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:49 am
I have just run some tests just now and I was able to reproduce the same behavior as you. It looks like this is an issue on our side for which I already create a ticket with the maximum priority so it can be addressed as soon as possible.

Hello Catalin,

is there any ETA and targeted version for the fix?

BR
Igor
Catalin

Hello Igor,

Please note that we already fixed this on our end and hopefully this will catch our next release.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin

Hello Igor,

This has been fixed in version 21.1 of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”