benjamin.batman

SQL Server Express Prerequisite gets stuck installing when the setup is created in 20.9 - 21.0

Hey,

Every since upgrading to 20.9 or newer, the SQL Server Express Prerequisite freezes during installation. I have noticed this with multiple SQL Server Express prerequisites. If I copy the EXE file from the prerequisites folder and try to run it manually in command line with the same arguments, it installs fine.

Command Line: /qs /IACCEPTSQLSERVERLICENSETERMS /ACTION=Install /FEATURES=SQLEngine /INSTANCENAME=SQLEXPRESS /UpdateEnabled=False
Step1.png
Step1.png (34.83 KiB) Viewed 4063 times
Step2.png
Step2.png (21.78 KiB) Viewed 4063 times
Thanks,

Benjamin
Attachments
Test Application.aip
(25.78 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Liviu

Re: SQL Server Express Prerequisite gets stuck installing when the setup is created in 20.9 - 21.0

Hello Benjamin,

This is a known issue. Can you please check the [Version 20.9.1] - Issues with the Microsoft Express 2019 pre-requisite installation forum thread discussing the same scenario.

This issue has been fixed on our side, but unfortunately it did not catch our latest release, Advanced Installer 21.0.

I have forwarded the fix to you via email.

Best regards,
Liviu

Re: SQL Server Express Prerequisite gets stuck installing when the setup is created in 20.9 - 21.0

Hello Benjamin,

This has been fixed in version 21.1 of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”