Simas

PC doesn't reboot after reboot prompt

Hello,

I've encountered an issue: I want to reboot pc after application is uninstalled, I have a [REBOOT] Force added on the finish button of the maintenance exit dialog. Now when I run the installer and press finish on the exit dialog, I am getting a prompt that restart is required, but nothing happens after I select Yes. Not sure what could be the problem.

Note:
I tried removing all the conditions from the [REBOOT] Force and all custom actions happening on uninstall - the problem still persisted.

I'm using Advanced installer version 20.9.1. In older 19.6 version restart worked as expected
Liviu

Re: PC doesn't reboot after reboot prompt

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Are you able to reproduce this issue with version 21.0.1? We had a similar issue where a restart was triggered when pressing the "No" button and it was fixed in v21.0.

If so, can you please send us the .AIP (setup project) file by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this?

Best regards,
Liviu

Hello,

With version 21.0.1 I'm experiencing the same issue.

Unfortunately I can not send You the .AIP file because it contains some sensitive data. Maybe You can direct me on what might cause the issue and where to look, because the [REBOOT] Force seems to be working since I am getting a prompt for restart. Also restart seems to be working after the installation dialog, it only doesn't work on uninstall.

Could there be something blocking the restart after [Yes] is clicked on the prompt?

Note:
After checking the Windows Event Viewer I can see that the event [Windows Installer requires a system restart. .... Type of System Restart: 1. Reason for Restart: 0.] is triggered.
Liviu

Hello,

I cannot reproduce the issue on a sample project.

The related project files and even the packages may be necessary to investigate the problem.

If you cannot share with us your project file, it would be very helpful if you could isolate this problem in a sample project that reproduce this issue so we could test it.

We need to reproduce this issue on our side, otherwise I can't say why this is happening.

Best regards,
Liviu

Hello,

We were finally able to reproduce the problem you reported with the help of another customer.

I have forwarded this to our development team and this will be fixed in a future version of Advanced Installer. As soon as the fix will be released we will notify you on this forum thread.

We understand the frustration it may have caused you, and we apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced.

Best regards,
Liviu

Hello,

This has been fixed in version 21.3 of Advanced Installer, released on December 14th, 2023.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”