Catalin

Re: Problem using Advanced Installer

Hello and welcome to our forums,

First of all, if you have a ticket already opened with one of our support members, please try to avoid replicating the same ticket on the forum as well, as the same members from our team work both on forum and email.

Now, regarding your issues, the first thing to note here is that adxregistrator.exe is a third party tool and is not proprietary to us.

What you would need to do is the following:

1. add adxregistrator.exe and all its' dependencies in the "Application Folder" from the "Files and Folders" page.

2. go to "Custom Actions" page and add a "Launch installed file" custom action, something like this:
Screenshot_64.png
Screenshot_64.png (9.09 KiB) Viewed 24147 times

3. the custom action should be added after the "Add resources" action group.

4. the custom action should have its' "Execution time" set to "When the system is being modified (deferred)" and the "Run under the LocalSystem account with full privileges (no impersonation)" option also checked - this will ensure the custom action runs elevated and has enough privileges to register the dll.

Regarding the log file in case of a failed registration, I'm afraid I can't really tell because, as I've previously explained, that is a third party tool.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”