asif0012

Restart prompt on Uninstall doesn't work with Black Surface Theme

Hello,
I am using Advanced Installer, version 20.8, Enterprise Edition.

The installer uses the Black Surface Theme. It also uses the "Force Reboot after Install" option so that the machine gets restarted after the installation is complete. The prompt works while the application is being installed. It restarts the machine. But if the application is uninstalled using the "Control Panel", then the prompt appears but clicking "Yes" doesn't restart the machine.

I have an uninstall shortcut in my application, which works perfectly. If I use this shortcut to uninstall, then the application gets restarted after the uninstallation is complete. But through the "Control Panel" it doesn't behave as expected.

I have attached a sample .aip file where the behavior is replicated. It also contains an uninstall shortcut.
RestartOnUninstallCheck.aip
(39.87 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
Best Regards,
Asif
Liviu

Re: Restart prompt on Uninstall doesn't work with Black Surface Theme

Hello Asif,

We want to express our gratitude for reporting the issue you encountered. I have tested this and I can confirm that this indeed is a bug on our side.

I have forwarded this to our development team and this will be fixed in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Rest assured that resolving this issue is our top priority, and we are committed to delivering a solution that meets your expectations. We will notify you once the fix is ready.

Best regards,
Liviu

Hello Liviu,
I have seen a new Advanced Installer, version 21.2.1, has been released. Does the version have a fix for this issue?

Best Regards,
Asif
Liviu

Hello Asif,

I'm afraid not. The fix for this issue is not included in our latest release.

We want to assure you that we are actively working on a solution to address this issue. Our dedicated team is working diligently to create a fix that will resolve the problem you've experienced. We will let you know when this is resolved.

We understand the frustration it may have caused you, and we apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced.

Best regards,
Liviu

Hello Liviu,
Thank you for the response. Will a fix for the issue be available in the next Advanced Installer version?

Best Regards,
Asif
Liviu

Hello Asif,

I'm afraid I can not give an ETA for this. Once a fix will be available, we will update this forum thread.

For now, I have increased the ticket's priority and hopefully this will be fixed in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Liviu

Hello,
Is there any update on this issue? Is it fixed with the latest Advanced Installer version?

Best Regards,
Asif
Liviu

Hello Asif,

Yes, this issue was fixed in version 21.3, released on December 14th, 2023: https://www.advancedinstaller.com/release-21.3.html

Due to the Holiday period, we have not yet made notifications about bug fixes.

I hope everything is now working as expected.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”