SimLoe

Language / Translation Problem with Surface theme

Hello, I have the following issue that might consist of one or two related problems:

Our installer uses the Surface BrightCycan Theme and AI version 21.1. Everything that I am describing now used to work correctly but since a few weeks this behavior has changed.

I have the following language settings: (see language)

The wizard starts with a dialog and asks for the language. No matter what is chosen here, the language is always the same as the system language, meaning the user choice is being ignored. Here are the settings for this dialog: (see language2)

The prerequisites dialog is shown in German (if I have a German OS) but not translating the variables (the values in square brackets): (language3)

When I check the settings, everything looks correct to me: (language4)

Also the translations are present (language5)

I also saw this post and think it might be a related issue: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51646&p=131471&hili ... on#p131471

I can only add three photos into the post. This is why I added them in a zip file.
Attachments
language.zip
(106.16 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Liviu

Re: Language / Translation Problem with Surface theme

Hello,

Is this issue only with the properties ([ProductName], [Progress2], etc)?

If only the properties are not displayed, this seems to be related to an issue that our development team is already aware of and actively working on a fix. There are some cases where prerequisite dialogs are not rendered correctly when the package contains Framework type prerequisites.

Rest assured that your concern is receiving the attention it deserves, and we are committed to resolving it as soon as possible.

However, just to make sure it is the same case, can you please send us the .AIP (setup project) file by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Best regards,
Liviu

Hi Liviu,

yes, as far as I could see it, this problem only occurred on the prerequisites dialog.

However, the other problem "Selection of setup language is ignored" is valid for all other pages as well.
I will send my AIP file.
Liviu

Hello Simon,

We received your email. This is currently under our investigation and we will reply to your email as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Liviu

Hello Simon,

This has been fixed in version 21.3 of Advanced Installer, released on December 14th, 2023.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”