timmangan

RegisterStr

Referring to this article: https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... using.html

The customer would like to register the application by using a command line argument with the registry key, rather than the dialog GUI. The reason for this is that the application will be used in a non-persistent VDI environment so that the app must be re-registered each time the user logs in.

The description, in the referenced article, of RegisterStr in one place seems to indicate that this function can perform the registration, but in another seems to say (my interpretation) it only stores the key locally without contacting the server to perform the registration.

In testing this, it seems the latter may be the case. The call returns with a 0, but a subsequent check of the registration state indicates that it has not actually been registered. So how can we achieve non-gui registration?
Catalin

Re: RegisterStr

Hello Tim,

Please allow me some time to discuss this with our dev team and I will followup on this once I will have more information.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Catalin

Re: RegisterStr

Hello Tim,

After further investigations, it looks like this might not be possible.

I will add this on our TODO list of improvements and hopefully it will be added in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”