chromKa

Custom installation of files

Hello!

I want to make a structure like in the screenshot.
sample.png
sample.png (4.63 KiB) Viewed 9495 times
At the same time, the Sample1 check mark should work only if the Sample check box is selected.
The check mark for Sample2 should also be available, there is a check mark for Sample.
At the same time, Sample2, Sample3, Sample4, Sample5 should only be available to choose from one of the four! Additionally, I want to be able to completely disable the check mark.

Please tell me how to implement it correctly? I have read a lot of instructions on your site, and used the search on the forum, but I did not find exactly the same example or procedure.

Should I use CheckList or something else? I have tried different options, but it does not work out correctly to implement what I have planned.
Catalin

Re: Custom installation of files

Hello and welcome to our forums,

What I would advise here is creating your own custom dialog using the "Dialog Editor" feature available starting with our Enterprise suite. - the main reason for this is that the scenario is too custom to have predefined support.

To achieve what you need, we can make use of the control's attributes and the "Control Conditions" tab.

For instance, we can have sample 1 and sample 2 unchecked and disabled by default and have a control condition to enable them if Sample is checked.
Screenshot_84.png
Screenshot_84.png (1.93 KiB) Viewed 9483 times
Screenshot_85.png
Screenshot_85.png (49.29 KiB) Viewed 9483 times
Screenshot_86.png
Screenshot_86.png (18.07 KiB) Viewed 9483 times

where CHECKBOX_1_PROP is the property assigned to "Sample"

Screenshot_87.png
Screenshot_87.png (23.84 KiB) Viewed 9483 times

I have also attached a sample to this thread for your reference.
Customizable checkboxes - sample.aip
(16.18 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
chromKa

Catalin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:06 pm Hello and welcome to our forums,

What I would advise here is creating your own custom dialog using the "Dialog Editor" feature available starting with our Enterprise suite. - the main reason for this is that the scenario is too custom to have predefined support.

To achieve what you need, we can make use of the control's attributes and the "Control Conditions" tab.

For instance, we can have sample 1 and sample 2 unchecked and disabled by default and have a control condition to enable them if Sample is checked.

Screenshot_84.png

Screenshot_85.png

Screenshot_86.png

where CHECKBOX_1_PROP is the property assigned to "Sample"

Screenshot_87.png

I have also attached a sample to this thread for your reference.

Customizable checkboxes - sample.aip

Best regards,
Catalin

I thank you for the hint, but additionally I need to choose one of two - Sample1 or Sample 2. How to implement this function correctly?

Moreover, in your example, unfortunately, disabling Sample 2 does not work when Sample is turned off (see screenshot)
Снимок экрана 2023-11-23 181900.png
Снимок экрана 2023-11-23 181900.png (24.1 KiB) Viewed 9478 times
Catalin

Hello,

In order to achieve what you need, we could use RadioButton controls instead of CheckBoxes.

RadioButton is quite similar to CheckBox, but the user will only be able to select one option at a time.

However, the problem with the RadioButton is that one will always have to be checked.
Moreover, in your example, unfortunately, disabling Sample 2 does not work when Sample is turned off (see screenshot)
Using checkboxes, we can achieve this by adding one "Published Event" to uncheck "Sample2" automatically if "Sample" is unchecked.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”