AndyL

Installing Advanced Installer 21 alongside older versions

I've just tried installing AI 21.2.2. I didn't see an option to choose the install location, nor the choice that you used to get, to either install alongside or replace the previous version. I looked in the program files folder as it was installing, and it seemed to be deleting files from the program folder for a previous version, so I immediately cancelled the installation.

Does 21.2.2 automatically replace previous versions? How do I get it to install alongside, leaving the previous versions alone?
Liviu

Re: Installing Advanced Installer 21 alongside older versions

Hello,

We changed the theme for our installer (advinst.msi) and the UpgradeDlg dialog is not visible by default.

This option is still there, but it is not so obvious, indeed. We will consider changing this in the future:
custom option.png
custom option.png (53.66 KiB) Viewed 7367 times

When you click on the Configure option, the UpgradeDlg will be displayed where you can choose to remove all previous installation or to continue with side by side installation.

Currently, the default option is to remove all previous versions. We will change this behavior, hopefully soon, as others have reported this.

We understand the frustration it may have caused you, and we apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced.

Best regards,
Liviu

Aha! I didn't spot the little down arrow on the button. Thanks for the quick reply Liviu.
Liviu

You're always welcome, Andy!

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”