Djpredator

Find no Cab file with Digital sig. enabled

Hi i run into a probleme. i have an running installer for my game that work great, but now i need to enable digital signatur.

all my files are on a local server , you can download the installer and run the game. now with enabled digital signatur rebuild and upload the project again to server. i got this error when i run the installer
AI_error.png
AI_error.png (319.43 KiB) Viewed 34058 times

if i try this url ,i got the file.
Djpredator

Re: Find no Cab file with Digital sig. enabled

how to solve this , if i disable digital signatur it work again, but i need to enable this option.
Djpredator

this are my configs i use AI 21.2.2

how to got help here??

probleme is web installer and digital signature
Attachments
MyNewDigitalWorld_updater.aip
(59.41 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
MyNewDigitalWorld.aip
(41.64 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Catalin

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Thank you very much for the provided resources.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the culprit here.

If possible, could you please forward me a download link for the EXE by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com, so I can further test and investigate this?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Djpredator

the download Link is https://launcher.soundliners.com/MyNewDigitalWorld.exe

i reupload the version with enabled digital signature.

it is strange, i made some additional tests. i upload the installer digital signature ON. when i try to install this i got the error message cab not found @ location.

so now i exchange the CAB files with old CAB file (NO digital signature), when i run the same (same exe file) installer now , i got a new error message CAD no signatur or corrupt.

that means he can find my cab files. why i got this error message CAB not found @ location with Digital signature enabled.?????
Catalin

Hello,

Please note I have replied to you over the email.

Best regards,
Catalin
Djpredator

there is a bug in the software when i use One CAB archive per feature and i create more then 1 cab file .
i test now LZMA, that is working, but verry slow . the actual game has +- 10GB. now you need to download a single file with 10GB this is slow and the installer take 10min more time to install the game. befor i has multiple 2GB files that was faster to download and the global instalation was faster.
Catalin

Hello,

In the "Digital Signature" page --> "Files configured for signing" tab, could you please double check and make sure all the CAB files are signed?

Normally, this scenario should work, I can't really tell why it's not.

Best regards,
Catalin
Djpredator

error_02.png
error_02.png (141.82 KiB) Viewed 31963 times
on this page i can find my exe,msi and my cab file (but only the main.cab file). the software generate multiple cab files later on building, but i never konw how many cabs are generated and i hope that your software know when there are multiple files to signing they all.

the cab is signed , i tell you when this function make only 1 cab file it work fine but when the size grow and 2 cabs are there in don`t work.

i try to make a new project on an other PC, i use the Windows 11 21H2 English (all editions) 64-bit – 5.7GB ISO. as installer object, so i want an online installer to install this iso in a folder (no unziping nothing only a copy to folder) . i make my config i try without Digital signature .it work. so now same test digital signature is enabled. 3 cabs a generated (signed) and it don`t work .again same error message can not find the cab at location.

i try out the LZMA compression but thats not a deal it work but it is so slow. i download direct from server to test i need 10 min more to install the game now. i ask a friend to download and install it ,it take more than 30 min. i take so many time to send a single big file (10GB) and the game is not finish it will take more space later. for this i need a working online installer for big files we talk about 80-100GB.

this is now the 3. product that i use but not 1 can handle big files in a online installer.
Catalin

Hello,

Thank you for your followup on this!

We have run some tests on our end, but unfortunately we were not able to reproduce the same behavior.

Please allow me some more time to test this and I will followup as soon as I will have more information.

Best regards,
Catalin
Djpredator

sorry but it is not usable on big files .

it try to load all my maps and all assets in my game ,so the game is now 129 GB. if i use the cab file system (no signature) it take +- 17min to download and install . if i use now LZMA it take 1h37 min to download and install. and the biggest problem is your software show nothig when downloading .
no speed no file size, the windows display the same image until the download is finish (1h7min).

can i cut the lZMA in smaler files ?
can i display some where the downloading progress?
Catalin

Hello,
can i cut the lZMA in smaler files ?
Unfortunately, this is not possible.

However, I would like to give this another try. The only problem is that I haven't been able to reproduce this on my end at all (and I have tried numerous times).

Do you think you could create a sample project that reproduces this and forward that to me by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Here's what I would need:

- the aip file

- the EXE file

Note: the setup does not have to be large, since I don't think this is causing the issue here. However, the "one CAB per feature" option should be enabled.

One more question, if you don't have the setup signed, does it work for the EXE installer to download the multiple CAB files?

Best regards,
Catalin
Djpredator

NO.

you never read or you don`t understand.

read my first posts, i write now my own installer .
Catalin

Hello,

Thank you for your followup on this.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to offer much help here, but without being able to reproduce it, I can't really pinpoint a culprit and find a fix.

If you require any further assistance, please let me know and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”