dsai

Prerequisites Setup Files Error: 193

In one of our Advanced Installer projects, we encountered a problem with version 21.4. When built using Advanced Installer 21.4, the installer fails to launch our prerequisite setup files, displaying 'Error 193'.

The .exe files are correctly located in the AppData path where the setup expects them to be, but they have a size of 0 KB.

However, when built with Advanced Installer 21.3.1, there are no issues with the prerequisites and they install properly.

As a workaround, we are falling back to Advanced Installer 21.3.1.
Since this error only occurs in version 21.4, and there have been no changes to the .aip file on our end, I believe this is a bug in Advanced Installer that needs to get fixed.

Update:
The Installer doesn't work with 21.3.1!
My Fault:
I Testet with 19.9, 21.3.1 and 21.4, i thought the Setup had worked with 21.3.1 in my Tests. but i Testet again and it did only Work with 19.9!

I also checked the Logs with /exelog of both Versions (the one build with 19.9 which is working and the one build with 21.4) there is no Diff at all.
Error Message
Error Message
errorMessage.png (4.68 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
0kbPrerequisitesSetupFile in Appdata Path
0kbPrerequisitesSetupFile in Appdata Path
0kbProof.png (6.83 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
Liviu

Re: Prerequisites Setup Files Error: 193

Hello,

To assist us in conducting a thorough investigation of this issue, we kindly request that you send us the following resources via email to support at advancedinstaller dot com:

1. the .AIP (project setup) files saved with v19.9 and v21.4.
2. a download link for the setup packages created with v19.9 and v21.4.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”