CaMat

Sheduled task starts before files were copied

Hello,

I don't know why, but creation of scheduled task in my installer runs before files were copied to destinatied folder. My scheduled task run after creation, so it fails immediately because it depends on installed files.
Can I change installation order to create and start scheduled task after installer ended copying files?
Liviu

Re: Sheduled task starts before files were copied

Hello,

I'm not sure why this happens. I've tested your scenario, but I cannot reproduce the behavior with a sample project.

You can check the actions sequence in the Table Editor page --> InstallExecuteSequence table.

Can you please send us the .AIP (setup project) file and an installation log by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this?

Best regards,
Liviu

I am using 20.5 version, so maybe this is the problem. Unfortunately, I can't upgrade Advanced Installer to the newest version at this moment. Is this version still suported? If not, probably I can upgrade your product to the newest version in the next week.
Anyway, I sent to you project, where I can reproduce this behavior. I added text edit in the installation window, where it's shows that it's generating sheduled task before files were copied.
Generating_scheduled_task.PNG
Generating_scheduled_task.PNG (13.73 KiB) Viewed 6831 times
At 1 is generating sheduled task.
At 2 is copying files.

Best Regards,
Mateusz
Liviu

Hello Mateusz,

I've replied to your email.

Let's continue the conversation there until we reach a conclusion.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”