velja

Desktop shortcut icon points to a file on the development machine when the app is installed from appxbundle

Version 21.4. We didn't notice this behavior with earlier versions. Desktop shortcut icon points to a file on the development machine when the app is installed from .appxbundle. It is created after the first start and it displays default icon. When we try to change the icon on that shortcut it displays a warning about the path on the development machine.
image (4).png
image (4).png (132.03 KiB) Viewed 7721 times
velja

Re: Desktop shortcut icon points to a file on the development machine when the app is installed from appxbundle

I deleted and recreated the Desktop shortcut now it points at app dir but that icon file still doesn't exist.
VirtualBoxVM_478Mm8cuwa.png
VirtualBoxVM_478Mm8cuwa.png (7.76 KiB) Viewed 7702 times
velja

Re: Desktop shortcut icon points to a file on the development machine when the app is installed from appxbundle

There are more problems. Entry in the Add / Remove programs takes this shortcut name as Product Name. So the name from the Product Details and the Display Name from the Universal Windows -> Package information are ignored and the product is named same as Desktop Shortcut.
VirtualBoxVM_wB5WbEL0pn.png
VirtualBoxVM_wB5WbEL0pn.png (157.08 KiB) Viewed 7161 times
Catalin

Hello,

I can not say for sure why this is happening.

If possible, could you please forward me the following resources:

- a copy of the AIP file

- download link for the MSIX setup

by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can run some tests and further investigate this?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Catalin

Hello Velja,

Thank you very much for providing the resources!

I have managed to reproduce them (with the exception of the first one).

On my machine, when I try to change, it points directly to %ProgramFiles% like in your second screenshot.

I have forwarded this to our dev team and I will followup as soon as I will have more information on this.

Thank you for your further patience!

Best regards,
Catalin
velja

Thanks. Yes, after recreating the shortcut in the last version it is like that i.e. it points to %ProgramFiles%. When we built it with the shortcut as it was in the project file i.e. created in some of previous versions, it pointed to an absolute path on the dev machine. Also, note that the product name is overwritten with this desktop attachment label.
Catalin

Hello Velja,

You are always welcome!

And yes, I have noticed that the Product Name is replaced by the shortcut name as well.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”