farmerphd

Exception from external process

I have a .MSIX installed and getting an error message when it runs:

101552 error graphics:renderer_common Render library failed to load: context3dfactory.cpp;57
101552 error graphics:renderer_common File_not_found context3dfactory.cpp;59

same error, different log:
2024-02-19T20:13:40.875-05:00 External component has thrown an exception.
2024-02-19T20:13:40.891-05:00 at flbase.loadGraphicsMagick(basic_string<char\,std::char_traits<char>\,std::allocator<char> >* )
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

My first idea is to install GraphicsMagick local to the MSIX container but looking for help. ProcMon seems to show all *.dlls and talking to .NET ok. I am NOT using Package Support Framework but willing to try if that is a path forward.

The MSIX is packaged with Advanced Installer.
Daniel

Re: Exception from external process

Hi,

I am afraid I really cannot say what exactly goes wrong when your application is packaged into an MSIX.

You ca either try to debug your MSIX packaged app code or you can try to run our “TraceApp” feature in Advanced Installer (available only in the Architect edition).

If you do now own an Architect license you can simply run our product in trial mode (just install it on a test machine and it will run for 30 days fully featured).

Hope this will get you a starting point for your investigation.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”