sfaust

Silent Install can't be uninstalled

I had a user point out to me that they were unable to uninstall the application after using silent install. I tried it and I'm able to reproduce this as well. It doesn't seem that the installer is getting copied to the location for uninstall. When you install via command line with silent switches i.e.

Code: Select all

"C:\**path**\**installer**.exe" /qn
it will install fine, but when you try to uninstall you get the error:

Code: Select all

Error: 
Windows cannot find 'C:\ProgramData\Caphyon\Advanced Installer\{CD396038-522B-4A1A-B95D-6C6DB2B61EF0}\**installer**.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
I have manually verified that in fact this folder and file do not exist. However, if you install normally (by double clicking the UI and letting it do the normal install) then it does exist and uninstalls normally.

I also tried this with my last installer build and it works as expected with the silent switch (as well as the normal installation). The last one was built with AI 20.5 and this one was built with AI 21.1.
Liviu

Re: Silent Install can't be uninstalled

Hello,

Are you able to reproduce this issue with our latest release (v21.4)?

This seems similar to an issue that was fixed in version 21.2.

Can you please rebuild your project with our latest version and let us know if you can still reproduce this problem?

Best regards,
Liviu

Looks like I just needed to update, should have tried that first, sorry. Thank you!
Liviu

You're always welcome!

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”