Jossy Jose

How can we uninstall the installed prerequisite when click on cancel button of another prerequisite.

Hi,

In my project I have a main installer and have 3 custom made prerequisites. These 3 prerequisites are installing during the installation of the main installer.

Steps followed by installation:

1) Starts installation of main installer.
2) During installation of main installer, starts the installation of 1st prerequisite.
3) After the successful installation of 1st prerequisite, will start the installation of 2nd prerequisite and will complete. Then will continue with 3rd
requisite installation.
4) After the successful completion of 3 prerequisite's installation, The main installer installation will complete.

My requirement is:

After the successful installation completion of 1st prerequisite, the 2nd prerequisite installation will start. Then we canceling the installation of 2nd prerequisite during it's installation by clicking on cancel button. At that time the entire installation will cancel including the main installer installation.

But due to the successful installation of 1st prerequisite it will remain in the system as installed. So I have to call uninstallation of 1st prerequisite during the cancellation of 2nd prerequisite. Which are the steps needed to uninstall the 1st prerequisite . Please suggest a solution for this.
Catalin

Re: How can we uninstall the installed prerequisite when click on cancel button of another prerequisite.

Hello Jossy,

Unfortunately, this scenario/corner case does not have a "proper" solution.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”