alter_ego_dev2

How to add an optional (non mandatory) resource file?

Advanced installer is able to add files or folders in Resources/ Files and Folders. On project build, the build process checks if all files exist and fails if any of files are missing.
Can I configure a project to do not fail to build if some specific file is missing?
For example, if the file exists, the installer should include the file in a build and use the file as expected. If there is no file, the installer should ignore it and skip file installation. Is it possible?

P.S. I've tried to use "Conditional Files", I add an install condition (depends on installer property) to the file. Sadly, when I use a specific build and set property to do not use the file, installer build still fails because of missing file (even the file shouldn't be used in the installation process).
Catalin

Re: How to add an optional (non mandatory) resource file?

Hello,

What I'm thinking would help here is the use of "Synchronized folders", which will automatically remove the file if it was removed/moved from disk.

Other than that, I'm afraid I'm not aware of any method to bypass the "file not found" build error.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”