Aital

how to chang to another driver?

Hi,

I am new to the Advanced Installer. I try to search the target machine, if there is "d:" drive, I supposed to install the application in "d:\XXX", otherwise I should install in "c:\XXX".

I set the default application folder to "C:\XXX", and I add the custom actions to set the TARGETDIR. But I don't know how to do the search, and I am not sure how to set the TARGETDIR to "d:\xxx" in Formatted Text too.

Thanks,

Aital :?:

Hi,

Nobody help me here.
Please any suggestion or recommendation. I will be very happy to know.
Thanks a lot.

Aital
ciprian

Hi Aital,

In order to determine whether the "d:\" drive exists you can schedule a folder search.

Here is how is done:

-Go to the "Search" page.
-Click on the "New Search" tool bar button.
-Edit the appeared property's name to the desired value.
-Right click on that property and select "Add Location"->"Folder".
-In the "Directory Properties" pane, edit the "Path" text field to "d:\".

If the search is successful and the "d:\" drive exists the property resulted from the search will have the value "d:\".

All the best,
Ciprian
Ciprian Burca
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com

Hi Ciprian,

Thank you for replying. I actually did like you said, But it still install in C: even there is D:

I first added the new search with name OTHERDRIVER to search the "d:\".
And I also added a custom action with directory set with formatted after CostFinalize.
The custom action called TARGETDIR
Directory is TARGETDIR
Formatted Text: [OTHERDRIVER][ProductName]
Expression: OTHERDRIVER

Is there some things that I missed? Thanks again.

Aital
ciprian

Hi Aital,

In order for the application to be deployed on the "D:\" drive(when it is present), you must set "Application Folder" text field, from the "Install Parameters" page, to [TARGETDIR]

To achieve this you can edit this field directly or you can use the [ Edit... ] button to select this property.

P.S. If you are using Advanced Installer 3.0 or higher, due to a bug (that we are currently working on fixing it) an error will appear. In order to avoid this error, after you modify the "Application Folder" field save and exit. Reload the project and build it.

All the best,
Ciprian
Ciprian Burca
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com

Return to “Common Problems”