yzrider088

Preqrequisite Registry

In the Media Section, i am using the pre-requisite tab, and im editing a pre-requisite. The criteria is Registry Value, and the registry value is HKLM\Software\MySQL AB\MySQL Server 4.1\Version
Version is the actual REG_SZ string value that i want to use. For some reason, that value is not working. Any ideas thanks a lot, very very nice program, great investment!
ciprian

Hi,

When searching for the installed prerequisite on the target computer, certain criteria can be used. They specify how to obtain the installed prerequisite's version

When the search is done after a registry value, the installed prerequisite's version is taken from a registry value.

In order for the search to work properly you must edit also the "Required Version" group of text fields.
- Minimum: the minimum version necessary for the installed prerequisite to be accepted
- Maximum: the maximum version necessary for the installed prerequisite to be accepted.

So the problem may reside in the way you set the minimum and maximum values.

Also please send us the registry value you use for the search.

All the best,
Ciprian
Ciprian Burca
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com
yzrider088

Thanks

HKLM\Software\MySQL_AB\MySQL Server 4.1\Version
Version is equal to 4.1.13
I set the other items in my prerequisites to a minimum version and it worked. I set this to 4.1 and it still tells me to install. I don't think it is getting that registery value because in the prerequisite part of the installer, it says Required: 4.1 or higher. Found: nothing. This is incorrect because version 4.1.13 IS installed!.
HKLM\Software\MySQL_AB\MySQL Server 4.1\Version
Is something wrong with that^^ Thanks!!
ciprian

Hi,

I used the registry key you sent me to test if a prerequisite will be installed, but it worked as expected. I used the exact versions like you did.

In order to figure out where the problem resides please send the AIP file of the project to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Also export the "HKLM\Software\MySQL_AB\MySQL Server 4.1\Version" key form the registry and send it.

All the best,
Ciprian
Ciprian Burca
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com

Return to “Common Problems”