jonnyCoder

Including relative filenames

I'm currently evaluating the demo and have been very pleased with the app so far. What I haven't figured out though is how I can best incorporate Advanced Installer into our automated build.

Our current project uses Ant to build all needed files and copy external jar files over to a single distribution directory. I'd like to be able to create a Advanced Installer project that always used the files in that distribution directory, that way new builds could be made simply by rebuilding aip. The distribution is not always located at the same absolute path however, mainly because the development is centralized on a linux server and is mounted differently by each developer in Windows. Is there a way to include project files using relative paths instead of absolute paths?

Thanks for the help.
jonnyCoder

Ok... so it looks like the paths are already relative. I stumbled upon the Projects > Options menu with some options regarding relative paths. Althoug the paths I've include do seem to be functioning as relative paths, it's a little unclear because they are always shown as absolute filenames in the "Files and Folders" table.

Return to “Common Problems”