Yugo45

Install sequence problem

I have 6 batch files that I want executed during the installation. However, some of them depend on the actions executed by the other batch files. How do I sequence them in the installation and force them to wait until each batch file is done?

Currently I have the batch files added as predefined custom actions in order I would like them to be installed within "Install" execute sequence. For each batch file I selected "Synchronous execution, check return code."

When I run the installer, when it gets to the point where the first batch file is supposed to run, it runs all of them. How do I avoid this?

Also one of the batch files calls another MSI and then I get the error that only one installer can be running at the time. How do I avoid this?
ciprian

Hi,

I'm afraid, that for the moment it is not possible to launches those batch file in sequence. Our launcher doesn't support that.

We added this feature on our to do list and will be available in a future release.

Until then you could use a Script to launch the files that are currently executed from the batch file.

With regard to the second problem, you are prompted with that error because you cannot run two MSI files at once. What you are trying to do can be achieved with a "nested installation" type of custom action. At this time Advanced Installer doesn't support this custom action, but it will be available in a future release.

For the moment you could set up that MSI to be installed as a prerequisite.

Best regards,
Ciprian
Ciprian Burca
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com

Return to “Common Problems”