jeff@jonasclub.com

Source Folder Destination Folder Renaming Possible?

So I've been working through building a simple installer to see if it can accomplish what our company needs.

One of the first issues I'm encountering is that it seems to require the source folders to be the same name as the installed destination folders (e.g. the structure that I'm using as the source is in a bunch of locations named ABC, DEF, etc. and on the installed location they need to be called GHI and JKL).

I can change my process to accommodate this (if it's a true limitation of the AI software) by changing my source locations to mirror the destination location, but didn't know if this was a true limitation or not.
jeff@jonasclub.com

Re: Source Folder Destination Folder Renaming Possible?

Hmm, ok I think I've figured out the renaming issue - if you right-click in the target location you can turn the GHI target into whatever you require.

BUT, I've just realized that my source folders don't correspond in a 1:1 relationship between source location:target location; in one of my target folders I need something like 8 source folders' contents to be dumped into it.

So I think I'm going to have to restructure my source folders so that they map & synchronize properly with the target folders.
jeff@jonasclub.com

Aha - someone just pointed me in the correct direction - use dummy subfolders off the placeholder folder in the target that are synched to their source location, and use the "Install folder content into parent folder" field to dump their contents into the "real" target location. Clever!
Eusebiu

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Indeed, using the "Install folder content into parent folder" option is the solution for you.

Just let me know if you have other questions.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”