BGood

How best to install Reportviewer 2010 SP1?

What is the best way to insure that SP1 version of the Visual Studio Reportviewer 2010 is installed?

It is not listed as an option. Thanks.
Daniel

Re: How best to install Reportviewer 2010 SP1?

Hi,

You can add Microsoft Report Viewer 2010 SP1 Package to your package as a "Prerequisites".

Please keep in mind that his supported operating systems are:
- Windows Vista (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 or later (all editions except Starter Edition)
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2003 (x86) with Service Pack 2 or later (all editions)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (x86) or later (all editions)
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
- Windows XP (x86) with Service Pack 3 (all editions except Starter Edition)
So, you should select accordingly these operating system versions from "Supported Windows Versions" group.

Also, if you want to "Install prerequisite based on conditions" then you should enable this option and add the following condition:
Criteria: Registry key exists
Registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ReportViewer\v10.0

You should be aware that Microsoft Report Viewer 2010 SP1 Package requires the following prerequisites:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services or higher for server processing mode
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or .NET Framework 4.0

If you have any questions let me know.

Regards,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
BGood

Thankyou, Daniel.
BGood

Daniel,

When I enter the page URL of the Reportviewer download (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=6610), during the Prerequisites phase of the installation, Notepad opens up with the page HTML. Shouldn't the URL be the download location of the file itself? In this case:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... Viewer.exe

That seems to work better for me.

Thanks
Daniel

Hello,
When I enter the page URL of the Reportviewer download (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=6610), during the Prerequisites phase of the installation, Notepad opens up with the page HTML. Shouldn't the URL be the download location of the file itself? In this case:

This happens because your .HTML files extension is associated with Notepad editor.
Shouldn't the URL be the download location of the file itself?

You should use your URL address if you enable "Download single file from URL" option from "Prerequisites" -> "Setup Files" tab. This option allows you to specify an URL which points to the prerequisite setup file.

If you want to use "Open website in default Internet browser" option, then you can use the URL address I'm indicating. Also, if you want to use "Use files from disk" option, then you must download "ReportViewer.exe" file from my URL address and add it as bundled prerequisite in your application package.

If you have any questions let me know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”