lokesh

ForceRestart

Hi Daniel,

How to force restart my system, after .net framework 4.0 prerequisites installed??
I given my pre-requisites in Feature-based,because i want pre-requisites to run in Silent UI.
I have an option in pre-install for rebooting of system,
Now my scenario is that "After installation of .Net framwork 4.0 pre-requisites in Feature based, system should restart automatically else it prompts a message to user for restart option,I need .net framework 4.0 to install in silent UI"
I am using advance installer 9.3.

How can i achieve this task??

Pls guide me.
Awaiting for your reply!!!

Regards,
Lokesh.J
Daniel

Re: Adding a warning for missing file

Hello Lokesh,

Please keep in mind that a feature-based prerequisite cannot restart the system after it is installed. So, in order to achieve what you want you should add the ".Net Framework 4.0" prerequisite as a pre-install prerequisite to your project. Then, from "Prerequisite Properties Tab" enable the "Reboot system after installing this prerequisite" option.

Also, if you want to have a silent prerequisite installation, then you can configure it to run in silent mode by editing the install command lines from "Prerequisite Setup Files Tab". Please keep in mind that on Windows Vista and above, in order to silently install the prerequisites packages the main installation package should run elevated. So, from "Install Parameters" page you should check "Run as administrator" option.

Let us know if this helps, otherwise please give us more details about your scenario.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
narasimhakashyap

Hello Daniel,

For Lokesh's question:
Now my scenario is that "After installation of .Net framwork 4.0 pre-requisites in Feature based, system should restart automatically else it prompts a message to user for restart option,I need .net framework 4.0 to install in silent UI"
will it work if we specify /qn /forcerestart in the Full UI command line for .Net Framework 4.0?

Thanks in advance.
Daniel

Hello,

In order to silent install .Net Framework you can use /q command line option. Also, as I mentioned in my previous post, a feature-based prerequisite cannot restart the system after it is installed. So, you should add ".Net Framework 4.0" predefined prerequisite as a pre-install prerequisite to your project and enable the "Reboot system after installing this prerequisite" option.

If you have any questions let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
narasimhakashyap

Thank you Daniel. Thanks a lot for all the support and replies
Daniel

You're welcome. Glad to help.

All the best,