AhmedAlaa

Updater configuration

Hi,

I want to hide the buttons of "Remind me tomorrow" , "Disable Automatic Updates" and "Configure updater" in the updater dialog

How I could do that and where this configuration is stored ?

and If I want to force install the update how I do something like that ?

Thanks in advance
Daniel

Re: Updater configuration

Hello,
I want to hide the buttons of "Remind me tomorrow" , "Disable Automatic Updates" and "Configure updater" in the updater dialog
In order to hide the "Disable automatic updates check" option, then from "Updater -> Updater Behavior" group you should enable the "User cannot disable automatic updates check" option. Also, I'm afraid that for the rest of the mentioned options we don't have a predefined support to disable it.
and If I want to force install the update how I do something like that ?
In order to achieve this you can call the updater using the following command line

Code: Select all

updater.exe /silentall -nofreqcheck
All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
AhmedAlaa

Daniel.Radu wrote:Hello,
In order to hide the "Disable automatic updates check" option, then from "Updater -> Updater Behavior" group you should enable the "User cannot disable automatic updates check" option. Also, I'm afraid that for the rest of the mentioned option we don't have a predefined support to disable it.
I can't find the option of "User cannot disable automatic updates check" the last option in the dialog of the updater is "Silent mode update check frequency"
Daniel

Hello,

Please keep in mind that the related option from "Updater" page is available only starting with version 9.6 of Advanced Installer.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”